Sunday, December 16, 2007

TT2: Muslces, The Avlanches, Diplo



Contrary to popular belief, Australia has some awesome music acts. Lets take the recent hit by the newly established electronic Muscles- Guns Babes and Lemonade. I really can't say enough about this album. It is sure to a) make you happy b) make you dance and there's nothing wrong with that. Another group hailing from Melbourne that has an incredible, and incredibly overlooked, debut record is The Avalanches. Since I Left You is comprised of thousands of record and movie samples. The album hit at the dawn of the willennium, but I think most need to take a step back and appreciate this fantastic pieces of work. Last up is the dj god Diplo. He has collaborated with artists, namely M.I.A., all across the globe and has a plethora of stunning mash-ups and dance sets. I'll possibly post some of his more lengthy efforts in the future, but in the mean time here are two superb mixes of the Black Lips and Peter Bjorn and John. I just broke my toe, so I can't dance, so dance for me please-Enjoy:

No comments: