Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tripple Threat- Annuals, Alaska in Winter, Sta


The Annuals have been lying around in the depths of my music library for some time. A friend finally spun some tracks for me the other day and I was damn impressed. The Annuals, hailing from North Carolina, dropped a new EP as a follow up to their Be He Me LP titled Big Zeus in the UK only. I was able to get my paws on a copy, which contains some solid songs.

If you’re a fan of Beirut’s style then you should be very pleased with the Alaska in Winter’s debut Dance Party in the Balkans. Zach Condon of Beirut lends his skills to Alaska’s rep. with horns and ukulele. This overlooked cd has been out for quite a while, and yes, Pitchfork just so happened to recently review the record a couple of days back. Anyways, the cd is a hit among my circle of friends so with no further ado here are some of the highlight tracks.

On the frontier of party music madness remixer Sta is making a big splash on the dance floor. The Toronto based dj cuts up pop and dance hits with chopped vocals and fiery base/synth that are each a treat to hear. You can also check them out at http://www.myspace.com/stafree. Here are three of my favorites if you’re in the mood to get down.

No comments: