Monday, December 10, 2007

I need to escape~


Sometimes I really wish I could just live on my own in nature. I want to move out into the middle of a prairie or forest and be able to live on my own for an extended period of time. I feel there is so much I could learn from that experience-- maybe I will be able to experience that one of these summers. In the mean time, I wrote another poem yesterday -- actually I wrote seven, but this one I actually really like. I hope you enjoy it as well.

That day was beautiful
As the snow glided down from the clouds
Like a leaf meanders to the ground.

It built up until the clouds ran dry,
And a new coating replaced the cement and the grass.
Daydreaming into the olden days,
To an uninhabited region
Where everything is of nature
And everything can change your perspective,
Your mood,
Your soul.

And everything is all your need,
Because all you need is to remember.

1 comment:

S.Jay said...

You should just go live in Fern Gully near humboldt. I have a friend who's older brother is living in a tree there right now.